No Stove Required: Small Simmer Pots

Simmer pots are such a great way to get different scents into your space without the issues with smoke, but doing them on the stove requires a lot more attention.

I think it was on Pinterest that I first saw the use of butter warmers for simmer pots, but the epiphany of seeing that was huge! I don't really like the idea of leaving a pot simmering on my stove without having me present and attentive, especially for hours on end, so these dishes are perfect.

I've seen a few different options out there, including ones that look like cauldrons, but I ultimately just got the basic ramekin setup. You can readily find these on Amazon or in any kitchen store, often in sets of 4. If you use them often, you may find that you have a few setup to go around your home because one of the things I discovered is that they smell even better over time!

Basically, as the fruits, herbs, and spices you use blend in the water over time, more of the scent is in the evaporation and so the more intense it becomes. It's usually on the second candle that I really notice it and I may keep the same pot, depending on ingredients for a few days.

So, as this is Imbolc, this simple simmer pot in the picture has about half a cinnamon stick broken up, half teaspoon of rosemary, and a half teaspoon of basil. The nice thing is that cinnamon seems to get going fast in these and I have a delightful scent beside me. 

Happy simmering!

Comments